2013/01/05

Community Sing at Creekside

As you may or may not know, I previously facilitated/led a community-based, every voice welcome choir at Creekside Commons here in Courtenay. We are starting up again this month and will be meeting at the Commons Building on the ff dates:
Jan. 18, Feb 1 & 15, Mar 8 and 22.
Time: 7:30 - 9:00 pm
By donation.
If you are interested in singing in a safe, encouraging, joyful environment, this might be just the venue for you! You do not need to be able to read music, although I do pass out papers for those who like to have the music in front of them. Every voice is welcome! We've had so many people come and say "I can't sing, or I can't hold a tune" and go away smiling, feeling encouraged and happy they joined in!
We sing music from a wide variety of traditions, including chants, gospel, indigenous and foreign language, folk, and many many more. Please contact me for more info and to let me know if you are coming - there are some space limitations as far as parking is concerned at Creekside, so I'd like to let them know beforehand how many "non-Creekies" plan to attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment